Força crew, thank you! Despite non-cooperative weather, our yard sale fundraiser last month helped to provide some much-needed funds for our Community Outreach Program. We could not have done it without all those who contributed to the cause with their donations or their time. It makes us proud to know that our members share our mission to provide gear, training, and mentorship to those in need all across the River Valley.
As our outreach in the community grows, so too does the need for funding. We get a lot of help from our awesome corporate sponsors, and we will hold more fund raisers in the future as well, but we wanted everyone to know that there are multiple ways to support our Community Outreach mission at any time. If you would like to donate to our cause, here are some great ways you can help:
- Amazon Smile: We have partnered with Amazon’s charity organization to allow members to donate to our Russellville Police Boxing Club simply by shopping on Amazon. It’s super easy whether you already have an Amazon account or not. Simply login to www.smile.amazon.com and search for Russellville Police Boxing Club to select it as your chosen charity. Then, a portion of every eligible purchase you make will come straight to us. Just make sure to always log in through smile.amazon.com so that every time you shop, you’re helping support the RPBC.
- Direct donations: You can make a direct donation to our Community Outreach Programs through our website, www.forcamma.com. From the Programs menu, click on Community Outreach, and you will see a Donate option. You can choose a one-time or a recurring monthly donation, either of which is tax deductible. Any amount, large or small, is truly appreciated and will be put to good use.
- Scholarship support: From the same Community Outreach page on our website, you can support an area youth through a 3-month, 6-month, or 1-year scholarship to provide full gear and training for a selected individual.
- Sponsorship: Also from the Community Outreach page, you can choose to sponsor a boxer, a martial artist, a veteran, or a competing athlete, and you can even choose whether to apply your sponsorship to gear or registration fees.
- Volunteer: Not all donations have to be monetary. We are always in need to volunteers in the gym to help with training, mentoring, or facility upkeep. Sometimes, giving of one’s time is the best gift of all.
The Força Community Outreach Program was born from a desire to give back to a community that has been so good to us and what better way than to share the love of our sport? As the great Bruce Lee said, “Knowing is not enough, we must apply. Willing is not enough, we must do.” In essence, that is the core concept of Força’s Community Outreach Program, and “where there is a will, there is a way.” Thanks for all you do to help us get there.